Forests and Climate Campaigner
This is the right role if you are highly motivated and have a range of skills including first class communication and presentational skills, outstanding organisational abilities and a creative mind able to turn strategic goals and ideas into action and long-term impact. This is a challenging but hugely rewarding and exciting role, with opportunities for career growth. Above all, it is the role for you if you have the passion and determination to make a difference for people and our shared planet.
The role will:
- Research, investigate and document threats to forests and climate, with a focus on wildlife, climate resilience and human rights.
- Produce written materials (including for digital platforms and the media) and support the creation of compelling films for presentation to diverse audiences.
- Lead advocacy with the private sector, governments and the public towards zero carbon and robust, time-bound commitments to protect forests.
- Develop the international advocacy, media outreach and engagement that builds greater consensus on the need to protect ‘climate refugees’.
The Forests and Climate Campaigner will:
- Have a minimum of 3 years relevant professional research, media and / or campaign experience within a relevant sector, preferably on climate change or forest conservation.
- Be educated to at least degree-level, preferably in a relevant discipline.
- Have outstanding research skills and the ability to produce briefings and reports at speed while highlighting key data, issues and facts, addressing multiple audiences
- Superb writing and the ability to produce accurate, accessible copy at speed
- Be a confident and persuasive communicator with strong inter-personal skills.
- Enjoy a challenge and using experience and creative strategies to find solutions.
- Be reliable, determined, self-motivated, resourceful and able to work effectively with a small, dynamic team.
If this sounds like you, please apply by sending your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com including a note on where you saw the role advertised.
No other communication or calls, please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 5pm 24th August 2019
Interviews will be held 3 – 5 September.
SIGN UP FOR OUR EMAILS AND STAY UP TO DATE WITH EJF'S NEWS AND EVENTS
By subscribing to our newsletter, you ensure that you will stay up-to-date with latest news on our work and our campaigns, as well as how you have been part of achieving those goals. We carefully select what goes into our emails so that you will only receive relevant and interesting news about our campaigns. We will let you know when we have exposed a critical environmental issue or uncovered human rights abuses. We will ask you to get involved when your actions can make a difference, and we look forward to inviting you to our events.