About the position:
EJF is looking for a ‘Video Production Volunteer’ to assist the film and communications team.
The role will focus on helping the film team create engaging social media content to highlight EJF’s key messages and campaigns. The successful candidate should be competent with Adobe Premiere Pro (or similar NLE), Photoshop and ideally have a good knowledge, or strong interest in Adobe After Effects.
As well as helping to edit social media films, the role will also involve assisting the film and communications team with various production tasks (cataloguing EJF’s media library, writing scripts, research and developing ideas for new films).
This role requires an organised and creative individual. An interest in creating engaging social media content for environmental and human rights issues is a must. Experience in documentary programming, animation and graphic design would be a bonus.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Working closely with the Video Producer and Communications Team
- Editing social media videos for our various online platforms
- Working across Adobe Premier, Photoshop and After Effects to create engaging videos that highlight EJF’s key messages
- Video/Photo digital library maintenance and archiving
- Working on scripts and developing new ideas
- Updating the Vimeo page and website
Qualifications and Attributes:
- Proficiency with Adobe Premiere Pro or equivalent NLE, Photoshop, Handbrake and Microsoft Office Suite
- A working knowledge, or a strong interest in gaining experience in Adobe After Effects
- An understanding of video formats, codecs and video asset management
- An eye for an interesting story with a good understanding of what makes a successful social media film
- Camera operating skills (DSLR and broadcast) and sound recording experience would be a benefit
- Very strong organisational skills, with an ability to carry out assigned duties with attention to detail and under time pressure
- Production and research experience
- Available for the position for a minimum of 3 days per week for a minimum of 2 months
The position is unpaid for a minimum of 3 days a week, starting as soon as possible. Travel within London and lunch expenses provided.
The successful candidate will be based in EJF’s London office.
How to apply:
Applicants should submit a CV and detailed covering letter explaining why you are the right person for this post to: email@example.com by 25/07/2019
SIGN UP FOR OUR EMAILS AND STAY UP TO DATE WITH EJF'S NEWS AND EVENTS
By subscribing to our newsletter, you ensure that you will stay up-to-date with latest news on our work and our campaigns, as well as how you have been part of achieving those goals. We carefully select what goes into our emails so that you will only receive relevant and interesting news about our campaigns. We will let you know when we have exposed a critical environmental issue or uncovered human rights abuses. We will ask you to get involved when your actions can make a difference, and we look forward to inviting you to our events.