About the Role
This is a creative and challenging role that demands proven experience and skills to deliver on ambitious plans. You will be assisting the Film Unit in all aspects of the post-production process and should have experience in producing visual content, primarily the development of short films from ideas, scriptwriting and editing. Camera operating skills would also be desirable and for the right candidate, there may be the opportunities to shoot new material.
As well as producing content you will be expected to assist in the promotion of EJF’s visual content through a variety of means from social media through to international film festivals. In addition you will be expected to maintain the organisation of EJF’s digital assets and manage sales of film and photographs.
The successful candidate must be able to work on multiple projects at the same time and be willing to take direction and edit according to prescribed needs and within tight time-scales.
- Selecting highlights from rushes and compiling clip reels from trip footage
- Producing high-quality, engaging 1st edits for social media, events and screenings
- Archiving, logging, proxy-creation and organising incoming footage and stills
- Preparing graphics, text, subtitles in multiple languages, and making amendments following feedback
- Processing and archiving stills and uploading to the Digital Library with tags
- Drafting scripts for voiceover
- Directing and recording voiceover sessions
- Assisting Video Producers in managing day-to-day activities to streamline the post-production process
- Various fact-checking, research, proofreading tasks
- Experience operating cameras on location
About the successful candidate
- You enjoy research and understand the fundamental need for attention to detail and factual accuracy
- You have a passion for storytelling through editing and presenting visual material to diverse audiences to secure their understanding and support for EJF’s campaigns
- You are able to deliver agreed outcomes on time and on budget, at times managing multiple projects and tight deadlines and you are able to prioritize your workload
- You are entirely comfortable taking direction and feedback, working in a team, with equal ability to work independently, taking initiative and responsibility
- You’re creative with a keen eye for good design
- You can comfortably work across all video styles from documentaries to social media explainers, interviews to event edits
- Highly proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro
- Comfortable with Audition, After Effects, Lightroom and Photoshop
- Comfortable working with a variety of codecs and formats
- A strong understanding of editing workflows and file structuring
- Must be highly organised, technical and have a keen eye for creative detail
- Knowledge of social media trends and formats
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and produce multiple cuts for varied audiences at short notice
- An interest and understanding of the environmental campaigning landscape
- Experience using InDesign and Illustrator
- Experience using Handbrake, MPEG Streamclip
- Design, VFX or motion graphics experience
- Sound mixing and colour correction
- Second language skills
- Documentary/journalistic experience
Applications: please send a CV and cover letter explaining why you are the right person for this job to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for applications: 5pm, 1st March 2019
Candidates must have and be able to retain the legal right to work in the UK.
SIGN UP FOR OUR EMAILS AND STAY UP TO DATE WITH EJF'S NEWS AND EVENTS
By subscribing to our newsletter, you ensure that you will stay up-to-date with latest news on our work and our campaigns, as well as how you have been part of achieving those goals. We carefully select what goes into our emails so that you will only receive relevant and interesting news about our campaigns. We will let you know when we have exposed a critical environmental issue or uncovered human rights abuses. We will ask you to get involved when your actions can make a difference, and we look forward to inviting you to our events.